Friday, August 7, 2009

The Gamma Quadrant

I am posting this blog entry for the benefit of the folks at http://gammaquadrant.libsyn.com/ better known as" The Gamma Quadrant." They run a fun Deep Space Nine podcast every Sunday, taking the podcasts one episode at a time, in order, from the beginning and spending half an hour discussing the merits and pitfalls of the writing, actors, directing, and anything else that grabs them. I highly recommend tuning in and enjoying these DS9 episodes in a new way.

In the podcast for "Q-Less", I think it was Ryan who mentioned that the man in the Assayer's office looked like the Zakdorn from TNG. The funny thing is that I had the same thought the last time I watched "Q-Less." He was, of course, referring to Kolrami, the Strategema master, from TNG's second season episode "Peak Performance." Played by Roy Brocksmith, he actually did make an appearance also on DS9 in the episode "Indiscretion," as Razka Karn, a scrap and
salvage dealer.

So here he is, in all his golden glory from TNG:




















Here he is in DS9, and the second picture is the Assayist. Very similar facial profiles, I'd say.

No comments: