Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sisko TOS TNT Uniform

Here is a Deep Space Nine costume worthy of any great collection. The extreme rarity and importance of this costume make it a cherished favorite of my collection. I was blown away to actually get this into my hands.

Trials & Tribble-ations is THE fan-favorite Deep Space Nine episode of all time. The effects people did a miraculous job interweaving the new footage of the DS9 cast into the TOS scenes with Kirk, Spock, and the gang. I still remember seeing it air originally on TV and thinking, "How in the heck did they do that?" The best part is that it stands up to scrutiny more than ten years later! Now those are great visuals.

Of all the costumes used in this episode Sisko's was top on my list. The classic command gold top with the insignia and sleeve piping are unmistakably memorable. Everyone that sees this outfit instantly thinks Trek and that is not true of the many alien costumes and other Starfleet costumes in my display. The construction is very complicated, not just a pullover and made to match the original used thirty years prior. This is as close as I'll probably ever get to owning a TOS Starfleet uniform so I am extremely grateful for its presence.












No comments: