Monday, June 27, 2011

Tora Ziyal #3

What DS9 collection wouldn't be complete with one or two good Ziyal costumes? Mine apparently, as I am now blogging my third Tora Ziyal. She may have been a minor character on Deep Space Nine, but her importance in the story arc of Gul Dukat is very essential.

For some reason, I find that I always enjoy her appearances on the show despite Ziyal being portrayed by three different actresses. I felt like all three brought something slightly different to the role and I didn't favor any one of them. This particular dress is the non-distressed version of the her last wardrobe appearance on the show just prior to her untimely demise. It had multiple uses on the show in such episodes as "Return to Grace" and "Sacrifice of Angels" and was worn both by Melanie Smith and Tracy Middendorf. This trilogy of dresses now in my possession along with my Garak trio really help to strengthen the Cardassian base of the collection.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is stunning! <3