Sunday, September 18, 2011

DEEP SPACE NINE

In my heart there will always be a small hole that was occupied by the now defunct Star Trek The Experience. In August of 2008 I was in Vegas for my first big CON, and it so happened that that was the last month of existence for The Experience. While at the CON, I fell in love with Quark's Bar, the promenade, the great rides and the museum. I saw friends get married on the bridge of the Enterprise-D, other friends renew their vows on the same bridge, and the the best part was that our community of collectors was there in-force and wearing screen-used costumes! It was a magical time, and I would give a lot to be able to go back there and enjoy one last warp core breach with a side of Holy Rings of Betazed.

It was amazing to me that of all the series, they decided to go with DS9 as the main theme of the promenade and given my understandable prejudice in favor of that specific franchise, I was in heaven. Then, about 3 months ago, I had the opportunity to bring home a piece of The Experience. I acquired the actual neon letters that spell out Deep Space Nine that hung over the entrance to the promenade. They have since been mounted onto the wall in the DS9 room in my home and it is with great pleasure that I get to share this with you all.



















Perhaps my sorrows are eased a bit, but now I need to get Darren the bartender out here to serve me up some intergalactic beverages!

Jim

No comments: