Friday, November 28, 2008

Quark and Odo

Another favorite on-screen pairing of mine was Armin Shimerman as Quark and Rene Auberjonois as Odo. The writers had a field-day playing these two against one another, and the actors did it so well, that you got the sense that in real life, the two must get along marvelously (which is certainly the case based on their time on-stage at the Vegas CON of 2008).

For me, Quark was the hub of the bicycle wheel of DS9, there on the station from the beginning, and there long after the show had run its course. His complex character generated so many laughs and joys that he is without a doubt my favorite.
I have been lucky enough to acquire two different Quark costumes, but it is his season 1 & 2 outfit with two different jackets that I display and cherish the most.

















Odo costumes are extremely rare for some reason, and I count myself lucky to have one example. While it is not one of his duty uniforms, this particular costume represents Odo once he has been infected by Starfleet (Section 31) and has manifested the symptoms of the disease.

No comments: